FBHS DRESS CODE
- Sandals or shoes must be worn at all times.
- Shorts and tops must provide adequate coverage: tank tops that are too large or open on the sides are not allowed. The midriff must be covered. Shorts must be mid thigh or longer.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, strapless apparel, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are PROHIBITED.
- Tank tops must have straps at least one inch in width.
- No skin shall be visible from a student’s armpits to mid-thigh.
- Shorts or cut-off pants are not to be worn with long white socks.
- Shorts, pants, skirts must be worn with the waistband at or above the top of the hip bone. No undergarment can be visible during normal activity.
- Gang related tattoos must be covered at all times.
- Studded wrist bands, chains, or any other items that might be used as a weapon are not allowed.
- Clothing, jewelry, emblems, badges, accessories, or other items that are demeaning to others or that promote or depict tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia, weapons, alcohol, hate, violence, profanity, nudity, or sexual references may not be worn or displayed. Examples may include but are not limited to:
- Playboy bunnies
- Confederate flags
- Marijuana leaves
- Breweries/Wineries, etc.
- Clothing, jewelry, emblems, badges, accessories, or other items or actions that are evidence of membership, affiliation, or promotion of any gang or gang activity may not be worn or displayed. Examples of these include, but are not limited to the following:
- Red or Blue- bandanas, hats/caps, shoe laces, cotton belts
- Cotton belts not tucked into belt loops
- Hair nets or doo-rags
- Belt Buckles, hats/caps, or athletic clothing with- “N”, “S”, “13”, “14”, Roman Numerals-XIII, or XIV or X3 or X4, and area codes.
- Athletic clothing displaying “Oakland” or “Raiders” or “Los Angeles” or “Dodgers” logo, colors, or names.
- No red, blue, black, or brown beads or necklaces including rosary beads.
- No clothing with the “South Pole” or “Nor Cal” logo visible.
- No clothing or hats displaying "707" or "North Side" or "South Side" or "East Side" or "West Side" may be worn.
DO NOT DISPLAY YOUR UNDERWEAR, BELLY, OR BUSTS!
Board Policy 5132: The principal, staff and parents/guardians at a school may establish a reasonable dress code that prohibits students from wearing gang-related apparel when there is evidence of a gang presence that disrupts or threatens to disrupt the school’s activities…Because gang-related symbols are constantly changing, definitions of gang-related apparel shall be reviewed by administration and updated whenever related information is received.
Education Code 35294.1: “Gang-related apparel” shall be defined as apparel that reasonably could be determined to threaten the health and safety of the school environment if it were worn or displayed on a school campus.