BEHAVIOR PLAN/LEVEL SYSTEM
1. Attend school daily; no unexcused absences.
2. Follow the school dress code.
3. Come to class on time, enter quietly, and begin working. Tardies must be made up by serving detention within 2 days.
4. Compliance with all classroom rules and policies:
a. On-task in all classes except when given free time by the teacher.
b. Follow directions when they are given.
c. Ask for help when needed. Be patient if teacher is busy.
d. You must be on-task and productive if eating in class.
e. Ask for permission to leave the classroom – and use a pass.
f. Use the computers appropriately as stated in the computer use contract.
g. Respect yourself, each other, the teaching staff, and the classroom environment – this includes sharing your feelings appropriately, taking responsibility for yourself, returning classroom items to their proper places after use, placing trash/recycled materials into the proper receptacles, etc.
h. Inappropriate behaviors: throwing objects, hitting, pushing, shoving, or threatening others; swearing at or putting others down; disrupting the class; making inappropriate remarks or outbursts during class; arguing with other students or staff and talking back to staff when given a verbal direction; socializing during class;gang-style or offensive writing/tagging on assignments, notebooks, folders, desks, or other school property. Inappropriate behaviors may lead to detention, office referrals, suspensions, or loss of placement in Noyo H.S.
i. Cheating (copying someone else’s paper or allowing another student to copy your paper) will result in immediate demotion to the Bronze Level, a grade of “F” on the assignment, and non-productive hours for all students involved.
5. Students on the Work Study Program are not part of the level system; consequently, they may not take free periods. All other school rules and policies apply to Work Study students.
Students who are present and productive for a full calendar week will be awarded one additional productive hour per week per class. This means that a student can earn 2.5 credits every week and 22.5 per quarter.
1. You will be given a check on the board for any inappropriate behaviors.
2. Each check will cost you 5 minutes of your time which must be made up in detention before or after school within 2 days. You will be expected to do schoolwork while serving detention.
3. Tardiness will result in an automatic 5 minutes of detention. In addition, you will need to serve one minute of detention for each minute that you are tardy. For example, if you are 7 minutes late, you will need to serve 12 minutes of detention.
4. Refusal to serve detention will result in an in-school-suspension the next day – that means working independently in the office. A student refusing to serve detention will also be given a 4-week demotion on the level system for the first incident and demoted to Bronze Level for any future incidents. Students will still be responsible for serving their detention time.
5. Serious violations, such as classroom disruptions that deny others their right to a “free and appropriate public education,” threats of violence, or criminal offenses may result in an emergency Student Success Team meeting and loss of placement in Noyo H.S.
All students entering Noyo High School for the first time will be placed on the Bronze Level of the incentive plan. Returning students will begin at their previous level. All Bronze Level students are expected to abide by the above behavioral requirements/expectations.
1. The Quick Road to Silver Level:
a. Meet all behavioral requirements/expectations for the first five days.
b. Have perfect attendance and no tardies for your first five days.
c. Earn 25 productive hours (1 for each class period for one week).
2. The Slow Road to Silver Level:
a. Meet behavioral requirements/expectations for ten (10) school days.
b. Have no more than two tardies in that ten-day period which have been made up by serving detention within two (2) days.
3. Unexcused absences, office referrals, or suspensions will cancel all previous accumulated days for promotion to Silver Level.
4. Excused absences do not count against your level status, but you will not be given credit toward promotion for any absences, excused or unexcused.
Transfer Students from Lighthouse CDS:
1. Students transferring to Noyo from Lighthouse CDS will be considered probationary students and must achieve Silver Level status within two weeks. Those unable to do so will be transferred back to Lighthouse.
a. Two (2) unexcused absences or any suspension will result in an immediate transfer back to Lighthouse.
b. After one successful quarter at Noyo, probationary students will achieve full Noyo status.
1. Students who are unable to achieve Silver Level status within a six-week period will be evaluated by the Student Success Team to determine whether they will be given more time in Noyo, placed on a contract, transferred to Lighthouse CDS or FBHS, or returned to their home district if on inter-district transfer.
Requirements/Expectations: Same as Bronze Level.
1. After work has been completed to teacher satisfaction, Silver Level students may, at teacher discretion, have free time. During that time, you may listen to music on an MP3 player, a personal CD player or on the computer on a music website.
2. While working, students may (with teacher approval) listen to pre-recorded appropriate CDs on an MP3 player, a personal CD player, or a CD on a computer with headphones and at an acceptable volume. Students must demonstrate the ability to be productive in order to retain this privilege.
3. Students may earn a free period once every two weeks, or two periods on the same day once every four weeks.
a. Students earn productive hours when taking their free periods.
b. If opting out of fourth and fifth or just fifth period, students must have parent/guardian permission to leave campus and must be on Silver Level at least two weeks.
c. Students taking a free period may use that time to serve detention, but may not earn an extra productive hour.
4. Students who have maintained Silver Level status for the last four weeks of the school year will be rewarded.
1. Students who maintain Silver Level status for nine consecutive weeks will be promoted to the Gold Level.
1. Two (2) written office referrals, any suspension, a full-day unexcused absence, or leaving school without permission will result in immediate demotion to the Bronze Level.
2. Students demoted to Bronze Level must meet the Bronze Level requirements for two (2) weeks before being promoted to the Silver Level.
3. Three (3) cumulative, non-productive hours (per quarter), cutting class, refusal to serve detention, or rudeness or disrespect to any staff member or substitute teacher will result in a four-week demotion.
4. Leaving school (cutting class) in the middle of the school day will also result in 45 minutes of detention for each class period you cut. That time must be served after school and you must be doing schoolwork during that time. Refusal to serve detention will result in additional consequences.
5. Probationary Lighthouse students who are unable to maintain Silver Level status for four (4) weeks will be immediately transferred back to Lighthouse.
6. Refusal to participate in workshops or presentations will result in immediate demotion to the Bronze Level.
Requirements/Expectations: Same as Silver Level. Additionally, Gold Level students are considered to be student leaders and are expected to model appropriate behavior on campus at all times. Students must maintain an 80% monthly attendance rate and not have more than one tardy per week to stay on Gold Level. Gold Level students who exceed these limits will be demoted to Silver – 5.
1. All of the privileges as listed under Silver Level.
2. One free CD per month.
3. Students may earn a free period once every week or two periods on the same day once every two weeks, AND a free day once every four weeks.
a. If opting out of fourth and fifth or just fifth period, students must have parent/guardian permission to leave campus.
b. Students must be on Gold Level for at least two weeks before taking a free day.
c.To take a free day off campus, staff must receive parent/guardian permission before the start of the school day.
d. Students taking a free period may use that time to serve detention, but may not earn an extra productive hour.
e. Students who are absent for any reason may not take a free day in that week.
4. Students who are on Gold Level at the end of the school year will be rewarded.
1. One (1) written office referral, any suspension, a full-day unexcused absence, or leaving school without permission will result in immediate demotion to the beginning of Silver Level.
2. Three (3) cumulative, non-productive hours (per quarter), four (4) or more tardies in any four-week period, more than four (4) absences in a four week period, cutting class, refusal to serve detention, or rudeness or disrespect to any staff member or substitute teacher will result in a demotion to Silver Level. Students must then meet the Silver Level requirements for four (4) weeks before being promoted to the Gold Level.
3. Leaving school (cutting class) in the middle of the school day will also result in 45 minutes of detention for each class period you cut. That time must be served after school and you must be doing schoolwork during that time. Refusal to serve detention will result in additional consequences.
4. Refusal to participate in workshops or presentations will result in immediate demotion to the Silver Level.