General Employment Information
The Fort Bragg Unified School District is committed to hiring qualified employees, and maintaining a workforce that reflects the rich culture of our community. The District is also committed to strengthening ties with the community by providing volunteer opportunities. Whether you are looking for a job on our campuses or a chance to volunteer, FBUSD offers opportunities for growth and contribution!
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
All job FBUSD employment opportunities are advertised on EdJoin, a non profit job site dedicated to school employment. Once you've applied your application is screened for minimum qualifications after the closing date; after screening, when eligibility status is determined, all applicants are notified of the outcome. Qualifying candidates will receive information regarding the assessment process.
In order to be considered for employment by Fort Bragg Unified School District the following documents must be attached to electronic employment applications. To apply for district vacancies click on the link in red for the EdJoin web site:
- Cover Letter
- College placement file or maximum 3 letters of reference (if available)
- Verification of all credentials held if applicable to the position desired
- Photocopy of CBEST transcripts, if applicable to the position desired
- Copies of college transcripts or verification of successfully meeting the competency requirements of Education Code 45344.5, as applicable.
If offered employment the successful candidate must provide:
- Official copies of degree and post degree transcripts, requested by the candidate to be mailed from college or university to the personnel office
- A copy of results for a negative TB Test (less than 4 years old)
- Documentation of right to work in the United States.
- Fingerprints for criminal background check
* Candidates without a current TB test and fingerprint background check will not be allowed to work until after clearance has been obtained.
The district also employs certificated substitutes, classified substitutes (contingent workers), and walk-on athletic coaches. Click on the highlighted links to read about these types of employment opportunities.
The Fort Bragg Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, gender, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation, in its educational program(s) or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position(s) or program for which application has been made. It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify the employer of any necessary modifications to the job or work site in order to determine whether the employer can reasonably accommodate any known disability.
Have a question? Ask the Personnel Office.